Friday, January 22, 2010

Pepsi Throwback - A Step in the Right Direction


As someone who occasionally enjoys a soda, yet at the same time avoids high fructose corn syrup, I'm glad to see that Pepsi has a 'throwback' product out now that uses SUGAR instead of high fructose corn syrup. I saw a case of it last night at the store and debated trying it out, but the fact is, I'd rather start with a single serving, instead of investing in a big box of soda.

The negative, though, is that the soda still has caffeine added to it, and I could do without that. The natural sodas I drink the Hansens generally don't use that stuff, and it would be nice if Pepsi would offer a decaf throwback (I didn't see anything on their site, but maybe it's out there.) Caffeine-free Mountain Dew with sugar might be interesting to try as well.

I know that soda isn't good for you, and I rarely drink it, but when I have a hankering for soda, I'd prefer it be a soda with without high fructose corn syrup.

0 comments: