Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My first post about.... ketchup


My kids drink an unnatural amount of ketchup with food (which doesn't say much about my cooking) which was why it was such great news to find that HEB, the grocery store near us, is now carrying a ketchup without high fructose corn syrup (in fact, it's advertised as HFCS-free right at the top of the bottle! Very cool!)


I've been tired of supporting Heinz ketchup, where HFCS is one of the first ingredients in the ketchup, so now there's a decent (and affordable alternative.) I've tried some of the other "natural" ketchups, but I just haven't been impressed with the taste. The HEB no-HFCS ketchup tastes great, though, so we'll be picking up plenty of this. I hope this trend continues.

Granted, HEB isn't always the cheapest, and sometimes I get better prices at Walmart, but I'm impressed that they are making an effort to market and sell products like this one, for people who are avoiding junk in foods.

0 comments: