Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Will Americans follow orders to take flu shots?

I've been reading on a number of sites about the possibility that the swine flu vaccine will be mandatory by law. I'm not sure if there's any ground to this, but considering that vaccines are mandatory for public schools, colleges, and even some pediatric clinics, this isn't completely unthinkable. I ride the fence on the vaccine issue: I think there can be some advantages, but at the same time, the current schedule is pretty heavy, and I wonder if scientists have really done a thoroughly-comprehensive study of these drugs and the effect that they have on the body, also factoring in environmental conditions. I do not believe that any vaccines should be mandatory, though, and that individuals should be free to opt out of receiving them, so it can be a little frightening reading some of these articles.

0 comments: